Cost of Smokeless Tobacco in the United States. If you’re looking to buy the best smokeless tobacco products, then you must obviously wonder how much this would cost you. In this post, you will understand the various types of smokeless tobacco, the possible costs, and the shipping fees included.
What is smokeless tobacco?
Smokeless tobacco is tobacco you don’t smoke or burn. It consists of large-grain tobacco leaves shredded or twisted. They come loose in paper packets or small cans. Smokeless tobacco is also available in different brands and flavors. Also known as chewing tobacco, chew, dipping tobacco, dip, oral tobacco, spit, spitting tobacco, and snuff.
There are three main types of smokeless tobacco:
- Dipping tobacco. Commonly idiomatically known as “dip“. Dip tobacco is a type of tobacco that comes ground and shredded.
- Chewing tobacco. Chewing tobacco is one that consists of coarsely chopped aged tobacco. It comes flavored and sweetened.
- Snuff tobacco. Snuff tobacco comes from finely ground or pulverized tobacco leaves. Delivering a swift hit of nicotine and a lasting flavored scent.
How much does smokeless tobacco cost in the United States?
Generally, smokeless tobacco is not expensive in the United States. However, the price varies depending on the type of smokeless tobacco product. Nevertheless, the average cost of smokeless tobacco in the United States ranges between $3.55 to $200 excluding taxes and shipping fees. Based on product type, the cost of smokeless tobacco in the United States is as follows;
1. Chewing tobacco price
|Loose leaf tobacco (America’s Best Golden Blend)||$13.90 per can|
|Plug chewing tobacco (Levi Garrett Plug)||$19.50 per can|
|Twist Chewing tobacco (Rough Country)||$11.70 per can|
2. Snuff and Dip Tobacco price
|Long cut tobacco (Copenhagen Wintergreen)||$5.55 per can|
|Fine cut tobacco (Skoal Original fine cut)||$6.19 per can|
|Pouches (Grizzly, Wintergreen Pouches)||$5.89 per can|
3. Snus price
|American Snus||$7.55 per can|
|Swedish Snus||$7.19 per can|
Shipping fees for smokeless tobacco in the United States
|Standard Shipping||$20 USD||3 – 5 Days|
|Express Shipping||$40 USD||2 – 3 Days|
|Overnight Shipping||$75 USD||24 Hours|
How is the sales tax calculated?
Sales tax is calculated in accordance with applicable state and local laws. Current rates can be found here:https://www.salestaxinstitute.com/resources/rates
Example: Customer shipping address is in California:
SET rate California = 56,93% Sales tax rate California = 7.25%
Wholesale Cost per can = $3.00
Selling price to customer = $3.99 SET per can = $3.00 * 0,5693 = $1.71 Sales tax per can = ($3.99 + $1.71) = $0.41
Selling price to customer + SET + Sales Tax = Final price to Customer (per can):
$3.99 + $1.71 + $0.41 = $6.11
How to Order Smokeless Tobacco in the United States
- Visit our shop page to view available products in stock.
- Search your desired product using the search bar.
- Then add this product to the cart and then proceed to checkout.
- Fill in the required information.
- Select your desired payment and shipping options.
- Follow the instructions after checkout.
- Contact customer support.
- Make payment to complete your order. Please take note that your order will not be shipped unless we have received payment.